Types Of Data We Collect
Personal information means information that allows someone to identify or contact you. Non-personal information means information that does not directly identify you. We collect both types of information about you.
The following provides examples of the types of data that we collect about you and how we use the information.
Context And Types of Data and Purpose for Collection
Account Registration We may collect your name and contact information when you create an account.
Demographic Information We may collect personal information from you, such as your age or location.
Email Interconnectivity If you receive an email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to opening our message, clicking on any links or banners it contains or making purchases.
Feedback/Support If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and email address and possibly other personal information, as well as any other content that you send to us in order to reply.
Mailing List When you sign up for one of our mailing lists we may collect your email address or postal address.
Mobile Devices We may collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or when visiting one of our stores.
Order Placement We may collect your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, and payment card information when you place an order.
Partner Promotion We may collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
Sweepstakes or Contests When you participate in a sweepstake or contest, we may collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.
Third Party Tracking We participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party may use technology (e.g., a cookie (further described below)) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That advertising may appear either on our websites, or on other websites. You can opt-out of receiving advertising based upon your browsing behavior from some network advertising companies by going to the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance websites, although to completely prevent advertising based upon your browsing behavior you should also disable the cookies on your browser.
Gift Registry We may collect your name, contact information, shipping address, and information about an event for which you are registering.
In addition to the information that we collect from you directly, we may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
Use And Processing Of Your Information
In addition to the uses described above, we use your personal information in the following ways:To identify you when you visit our websites.
To provide the products and services you request, or to process returns.
To improve our services and product offerings.
To streamline your checkout process.
To conduct analytics.
To respond to your inquiries related to customer service or other requests.
To send marketing and promotional materials, including information relating to products, services, sales, or promotions.
For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationship with you.
Sharing Of Personal Data
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, we disclose personal information in the following situations:
1. Affiliates and Acquisitions. We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). If another company acquires our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your personal information with that company.
2. Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
3. Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your personal information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
4. Public. Some of our websites provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
6. Service Providers. We may share your personal information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
7. Gift Registry. Some of our websites provide the opportunity to create public registries where you can indicate to others what types of products you might be interested in receiving. We share the information that you provide about your event (e.g., name, date, location, etc.) with the public to permit others to search for that information. In some cases, we may provide you with options to restrict the extent to which that information will be shared. We may also share your information with third party gift registry portal sites. Among other things, this provides your guests with additional means of finding your registry and coordinating gifts.
You can make the following choices regarding your Personal Data:
1. Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request within the timeframe permitted by law, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you transactional communications, such as those about your account, to fulfill orders you have made, to ask you to rate the product you purchased, or other service-related communications.
2. Promotional Mailings. If at any time you do not want to receive offers and/or circulars from us you can remove yourself from our mailing lists by emailing us (our contact information is below) with “NO SNAIL MAIL” in the subject line along with your name, address, and zip code. Please note that our mailings are prepared in advance of their being sent. Although we will remove your name from our mailing list after receiving your request, you may still receive mailings from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed.
3. Changes to Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Most of our websites allow you to modify your account profile. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
4. Deletion of Your Personal Data. We typically retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. You may, however, request that we delete your personal information. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Contact Information” section below. We may also decide to delete your data if we believe that the data is incomplete, inaccurate, or that our continued use and storage are contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When we delete personal information it will be removed from our active database, but it may remain in archives where it is not practical or possible to delete it. In addition, we may keep your personal information as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any of our agreements.
5. Revocation of Consent. We rely on the processing of personal information that you have provided. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then we may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request to revoke consent if the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity.
6. Access to Your Personal Data. If required by law, upon request, we will grant reasonable access to the personal information that we hold about a user. All requests must be directed to the contact in the “Contact Information” section.
7. Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
8. California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for those parties to use for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
How We Protect Personal Information
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of any unauthorized access to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
• Transmission Of Data To Other Countries. If you are a Customer located outside the United States, please be aware that your personal information may be processed in the United States, where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in the United States.
• Contact Information. If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt, where practical, to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Idea Ranch Marketing, LLC
Attn: Great Décor Ideas – Privacy
45678 275th St.
Parker, SD 57053
Last Revised: March 27, 2019